Garage door springs can break several factors, but here are the most common mistakes people make.
A garage door spring is a piece of metal that opens and closes the garage door for you. Without a garage door spring, your garage will not open or close properly. A broken spring can make it hard to open or close your garage, which can be frustrating when you need to go in or out quickly.
Some of the reasons why garage door springs break can include:
- Normal wear and tear– Garage doors open and close hundreds of times a day, and when this happens, the spring takes most of the force generated. This means the garage door spring must be replaced every ten years.
- Damage from the weather– Indoor garage doors, in particular, are very susceptible to inclement weather, and water damage (the garage door will leak) can quickly occur when a garage door spring is damaged.
- Inappropriate maintenance– lack of attention to your garage door can decrease the life of your garage door spring. It is important to keep the garage door adequately lubricated, maintain the correct level of tension, and inspect the springs regularly.
- Poor installation– If you’re installing your garage door for the first time, you should get a professional to install it with proper hardware and installation.
- Low lubrication level– When lubrication is not going according to plan, the garage door spring can become cracked and weakened by overstress.
Don’t make these mistakes after you’ve installed your new garage door:
- Not replacing all broken springs- Replace every broken garage door spring and inspect all springs before putting the door back up again.
- Not inspecting the springs- Inspecting your spring is essential to ensure it is in good working order.
- Attempting to fix the problem yourself- If you’ve been having issues with your garage door, contact a professional technician before attempting to fix it on your own.
Get Professional Garage Door Services in Palmdale and the Surrounding Areas
TEC Services can help you get the garage door service you need. We can meet your needs whether you’ve got a broken spring or not. You can count on us to provide quick, professional service that is done right and fast!
Call us today at 661-965-3667 for more information about our garage door services in Palmdale and surrounding areas.