Garage doors are the most significant entry points to the house. They need to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The opener should be efficiently designed and powerful enough to lift your heavy door effortlessly.
A garage door opener is designed to last long, but the chances of its failure are inevitable. It can break down due to the following reasons:
- Weak and old spring: The garage door opener may break down due to the weak or worn-out springs. The weakness of the springs can cause them to move whenever the operator does not open or close them.
- Overloading or overstressing: The garage door opener is designed to open and close the door. It should not be overloaded with pressure as the pressure can cause it to snap or break down.
- Extreme weather conditions: The garage door opener can be damaged if it is exposed to harsh weather conditions. Continuous exposure to rain and snow will surely damage the opener.
- Faulty design: The garage door opener is a mechanical, electrical device that needs to be controlled by a motor.
The motor will transfer its power through the chain or belt, which will move the door. If there is a problem with the engine or somebody has tampered with it, it may cause severe damage to your garage door opener.
- Improper servicing: Knowing the tools and parts of your garage door opener is also essential. It may damage its components if you do not know how to fix the opener. Thus, learning how to maintain and use it properly is vital.
Expert Garage Door Services in Palmdale and the surrounding areas
Contact us at TEC Services for the following:
- Residential Garage Doors
- Commercial Garage Doors
- Garage Door Repair Services
- Garage Door Parts and Accessories
- Repairing and Installation Services
- And more!
We are a family-owned company and offer free estimates for all our garage door services. Don’t hesitate to call us at 661-965-3667 for all your garage door needs.